Michael Golden Law Corporation
You Can Pursue Compensation for A Traumatic Brain Injury
An acquired brain injury is one that has been caused by trauma to the head. Things like hitting your head when you slip and fall or whiplash in a car accident can both cause trauma to the brain as it impacts the skull and swells.
Every years, around 160,000 Canadians suffer brain injuries. Unfortunately, that number is also rising. The good thing about an acquired brain injury is that it will not typically be degenerative in nature. What has occurred is likely to stay the same or get better over time.
With 50 percent of all brain injuries in Canada coming from falls and motor vehicle accidents, it’s important to make sure you always seek medical attention in either circumstance. While around 30 percent of all traumatic brain injuries are suffered by children, the other 70 percent affect adults and teens of all ages, putting stress on the economy and on their personal lives.
Traumatic brain injuries can range from mild concussions to aneurysms. Concussions are one of the most common kinds, and they result in several symptoms that can affect your ability to work or participate in normal daily activities. For example, concussions can lead to confusion, headaches, dizziness and balance issues, sensitivity to light and noise, and concentration or memory problems that impact your ability to work or interact with others.
If you suffer a head injury because a drunk driver collides with you, it’s important that you file a claim. You’re in a position where you may need rehabilitative care and other kinds of medical care to help yourself recover. Our website has more information on how you can move forward with your case.