1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Car Accidents
  4.  » Pedestrian Hit-and-Run Accidents

Pedestrian Hit-and-Run Accidents

Pedestrians hit by vehicles can be seriously hurt and require the financial support of insurance benefits in order to recover. Since an accident can happen quickly and cause initial shock and physical pain, speaking to a lawyer as soon as possible can make sure the necessary steps are taken to get you the compensation you need.

At Michael Golden Law Corporation, we have many years of experience working on behalf of injury victims and will work for you to get the benefits you need. Based in Burnaby, we serve clients throughout the Vancouver metro area.

Immediate Steps To Protect Your Legal Rights

In the immediate aftermath of the hit-and-run, it is important for you or someone who witnessed the accident to get the license plate number of the vehicle that hit you. Even without this information, you should call the police right away to report what happened.

If there are witnesses nearby, you should get their names and phone numbers so they can give their account of what happened. If witnesses disperse quickly after the accident, posting signs in the area asking for witnesses to contact you if they saw the accident can also help you obtain the necessary evidence for a successful claim.

Experienced Legal Advice For Your Claim

As soon as possible, you should get in touch with a lawyer who will help secure your legal right to compensation. ICBC will follow a different set of guidelines for pedestrians than those that govern car crashes. Michael’s years of experience representing injury victims give him the necessary knowledge to represent you through the claims process.

Contact Us

Michael and our team offer a free initial consultation for pedestrian injury victims seeking legal advice. Contact us online or call us at 604-259-1698, toll free at 877-894-6640 to discuss your ICBC claim. We can advise you in English, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Spanish, Korean, and Cantonese and we can arrange translation for any other language you speak.